Sunday, April 27, 2008

An amazing evening...












I had my first Once Upon A Family (would insert a link if I knew how) celebration workshop at my home on Friday night. I have got to tell you, I was not looking forward to the home-party aspect of it, but it was wonderful. I planned on talking just a bit and doing the letter box workshop, but everyone wanted to know MORE about Once Upon A Family products because not one of them have ever heard about it. It was great because people wanted to know more about these amazing products THAT MATTER! Some people made their booklets and others wanted to do that part at home. I gave them packets that included the child's name on the cover as well as DYMO titles for every topic. It felt great to hand that something that could easily become a treasured family memory.


People loved the Lessons for Little Ones set that is on super customer sale right now for $49 for ALL 12 lessons plus this super cool box to store them all. My girls LOVED doing the March Lesson, so I was excited to pick up the full set for our family. They also liked how I turned the Family Tree poster into a Family Prayer and Wishes tree where my girls can add on leaves to represent our prayers and wishes.... I love that item used like that, too. Overall, the party was amazing, and I loved picking up some cool new items for my family with my hostess dollars. I have the unreal Leather Annual album coming, and I plan to make it a tradition to create a two-page spread as a family every year on new years day. I know that will be an amazing heirloom for our family. It felt great showing people simple ways to teach values, spend family time together, and simply capture memories.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow. You are definitely a scrapper. I am not that good :o) I LOVE what you did though and it's just beautiful. I also like the class idea. I've never done that before...

btw, if you want to insert a link in your blog just highlight the word you want to attach the link to then you should see a symbol on the top of the text box that looks like two chain links. I'll double check in my blog to see if I can cut a paste a visual for you...