Friday, June 6, 2008

They Made it!


When we were saying prayers last night, Kaya pulled her pillow and blankie into Kalli's room. She told me "I sleep in here Mama and if I not good, I go back to my bed." How can you say no to that?? So we let them attempt to sleep in the same little twin bed. And, believe it or not, it worked. After a few giggle sessions, Kalli fell asleep and when I went to check on them, Kaya said "Yook how quiet I am Momeeee. I a good kid, right?" Man, she melts my heart. And, eventually, she fell asleep cuddled against her big sleeping sister. And, they made it all night. I woke up at 6 AM and took this photo of them snuggling. Made my heart happy. Moral of this story is that even when you think it will never work, let your kids try to create their own traditions and memories. Neil and I never thought the would make it, but the sure did. AND, Kaya slept for the first night ever in BIG GIRL underwear instead of a pull up. What a night of milestones. How blessed are we?

No comments: