Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blessed beyond measure....

That is how I feel tonight. Tired (even though I got a lot of sleep today), but grateful. Grateful for a fun & safe adventure to Colorado (and happy to have about 1200 photos of the journey)

and a very successful garage sale upon our return home.

And, I am MOST GRATEFUL for my husband getting the entire garage back in order and a local church for picking up things that did not sell, and my friend Lisa taking home all the excess scrapbooking stuff - so now - it looks like there never was a sale here! And our lives can get back on track. I also am grateful for the burden of stuff that has been lifted after finally making time to purge. Things got really backed up after my Mom's sudden death, and knowing I needed to do all that sorting a purging was a burden on my heart. Now that is done, and once I get things back into shape in our home - I know I will rest easier knowing that we have tried to only keep what we use and love. The sale was also a great success and my husband needs some car work done, and what we made will more than cover that. So, it was perfect timing after all.

Here are a few of the MANY photos I want to share with you guys.....

This is Kaya with fresh cookies Lisa baked that she was supposed to sell - but I think she ate them all!

Kalli with her Lemonade Stand (and chips and candy and hot dogs). She is trying to raise enough money to get her sister an American Girl doll. She has already saved enough for her doll - she is trying so hard to get one for Kaya!

Us on the train ride TO Colorado. It was an excellent trip and all four of us loved the train. (That is my Grandma - the girls Great Grandma that we got to take this journey with)

All four of us on the journey home. The girls are in their new Hannah Anderson Pajamas I was lucky enough to find ON SALE! (they never go on sale). They made the trip home more comfy for them. 
Us three girls in Estes park - amazing views. 
Where we live you pull the car off the road to show your kids one little deer - Well, coming down the mountain, we were lucky enough to be FIRST in line when the ranger stopped traffic to allow a herd of about 40 Elk to cross the road. It was unreal - like nothing I have ever seen. The mommy Elk had to nudge the babies down the drop to get to the other side. It was 20 amazing minutes. 
We stopped on the side of the road to enjoy a HUGE slide with the whole family. 
My cousin built the sets for Little Shop of Horrors and we were lucky to be there for closing night. Kaya was TERRIFIED of the plant, but Kalli loved seeing the little plant up close after the show. 
Auntie Julie took the girls on a wild girly shopping spree that ended with a fashion show and lipstick kisses. 
Kalli did SO WELL on her first day of first grade. She was amazing. I was so grateful that she has adjusted so well so far. 
Kalli all ready for day TWO of first grade (in some new fancy clothes from Auntie Julie).
Our amazing friends came in from Wisconsin to help me with the sale (thank goodness they were here) and Lisa brought her cash register which saved the day and kept the lines moving quickly. My kids love their family and we love them! 
One final train image - if you have not ever looked into it, price a train for your next vacation - my kids and 84 year old Busia loved it. It was an excellent journey. 
Will be back tomorrow with a few photos of the travel journal I made along the way. I missed you guys. 

No comments: