Saturday, December 27, 2008

So this is Christmas...

We had a wonderful Christmas. We were able to help a family in need on Christmas eve, and both kids gave their Newly Received Target Gift Cards to get gifts for a family who had nothing. I was so proud of them. On Christmas day is was peaceful and nice. Simple and happy. Uncle Matt, Rahul, and Busia spent the night here and were here to watch the kids open their gifts from Santa.

Here is an early shot
We had great sunlight coming in so I tried to shoot without flash. I love my flash, but I was worried about washing out their white PJs so I tried to shoot without it. 
All Kaya wanted for Christmas was a Chocolate Lollipop which she was more than thrilled to receive

 
I just love that look on her face when she is eating her lollipop. 
Here are a could shots during the opening process....
  
During opening....  they completely stopped over and over to open and play with what they had just opened. I love that. I wish they would always stop and savor the moment instead of rushing to the next thing....
  
Here is a great after shot that summed up the moment quite well...
  
And here are the girls playing with their new bead art and Easy Bake Oven with Uncle Matt and Rahul....  it was an amazing day. 
  
I felt blessed to be here watching them enjoy every little thing. It just felt right with Busia and Matt and Rahul being here, too. I hope they never forget Christmas mornings like this one. I know I never will.  

No comments: