Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This is in our local paper today....


On your 3rd Anniversary in Heaven


Sheila Ann Sikora
I read this on my friend’s blog, and it really hit home to me. She lost her 4 year old daughter suddenly like we lost my Mom. I have spent the last 3 years wishing I had just known what lay ahead for us…. Wishing I had some warning that she was about to be taken away from us forever…. Then I read this and it really made me think:

“Yes, sometimes I'm glad that I had no clue what awaited me. I would have missed out on the simple goodness of the time we shared those last few days. I had no worries or fears to cloud the time I now consider the greatest days of my life.”

Knowing that my Mom was happy and spent her last night with my children just loving them, brings me a small sense of peace. We had an incredible holiday and got together every day for the week before she died. Every day was spent just being together. I know that should be enough, but in my heart, I am selfish and wish I had her for longer. I do realize how lucky I was and I loved every last minute of having her in my life. I always considered myself privileged and blessed to be her kid. I still do. I just wish she was here with us. I wish we were all still together. But I also pray she is at peace in Heaven with our Auntie Kathy laughing by her side. Watch over us Mom. Keep us safe. And please protect Busia from any sadness and pain. The pain is greater now than before because you have missed more and we have missed you for longer. Our only hope is that we will all be together again one day. We love you Mom and miss you more every single day.

Kristi, Neil, Kalli, Kaya, Mindy, Matt, and Busia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
Thinking about you today and sending you a hug! I am sure your mom is so proud of you and your girls as she watches over you from her special spot in Heaven!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop you a note to say I've been thinking of you and the whole family lately. I wish I could drive to Indiana, hug you so hard and take away all of your pain.

Sending you caring thoughts and hope that peace finds you and holds you tight.

Becky S