Monday, July 7, 2008

Make Something Monday - Journal, journal, journal...
















What I am making today is going to matter one day. Maybe not now, but one day, my girls will hopefully LOVE this journal. I have decided to journal our journeys AS THEY HAPPEN instead of waiting to find the time to make the perfect time. I wish I could go back in time and do this for JUST ONE of the fun trips we took with my parents. There were SO MANY happy memories.... so many funny stories.... and I cannot remember most of them. It breaks my heart. My parents made us laugh so hard.... there were so many wonderful moments on our journeys.... I would love to know what were my parents and our favorite parts of the day on our trips. I cannot imagine what we would have all said! Anyway, I did this little journal on our short trip to Great America and SummerFest in Wisconsin. I am going to print some photos today and fill in some of the blanks I left. I wrote it as we went about our days. Little by little... when we stopped to eat, at night once the kids laid down.... I asked each person every day what was their favorite part of the day. I love that those answers are HERE in print already if I never went back and printed one single photo. And, I stuck in that one photo I bought at Great America minutes after I got it - in the car while Neil drove to the hotel. I know that might make me seem a little freaky, but I feel this odd sense of peace knowing that no matter how crazy busy my life gets, my kids will have this memory as it happens. I would give a lot for ONE of these.... just one. Here is a photo of the stacks of various journals I have made of our trips to Disney World, my journey to Argentina, my Super Bowl trip (Go Bears), a mini trip to Indiana Beach last summer, and a 10th Anniversary weekend trip Neil and I took last summer. Not one of them is totally complete, but MAN, I love them. Make today the day you start SOMETHING. Something simple that matters.

3 comments:

Yellow Fence said...

I love this. And Cole's favorite part of any hotel room is the corded phones. He can't get enough of them.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. LOVE these. I just bought some cool books from Dollar Tree - with pockets inside of them. I guess I now know what I'm doing with them. I've done TONS today (I'll post later but don't put me in the drawing since I won last week). Thanks Shannon and Kristi for the AWESOME shirt. I'm going to try to post a picture of me in it tonight. Just got the kids off to their grandparents since I'm leaving tomorrow. Need to go clean up the mess they left behind. LOL :)

More later but THANK YOU for sharing this. Have I mentioned lately how much I love your blog???
Deb
http://debbie.com/wordpress/

Susan said...

OH Kristi, bless you for your words. I am so with you on this but I am with you only in thought---I have to get with you in action! I am going to go journal our day right now!!! I am I promise