Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a weekend!!
















I hope you all had a nice weekend. My family stayed up WAYYYY too late, ate WAYYYY too much and I took WAYYYY too many photos. It was all great. I felt lucky to live in the USA, happy to live in my neighborhood (we had an amazing block party), and just peaceful to be a Mom. It was busy, we are all cranky and a little sick to our bellies from eating so poorly, but we are happy. And that is cool. I am not sure if you will be able to tell in the photo, but cute little Kaya rode her bike ON HER OWN this year in the neighborhood parade..... she was so far behind anyone else - the policeman picking up the rear and Kaya actually became friends as he drove 2 miles an hour talking to my funny little slow biking kid.... it was neat. Then, they let off the fire hoses and the kids go crazy. On top of that and standard 4th of July things like parades and festivals, we had our annual block party yesterday and it rocked. Literally - the DJs were LOUD and we had a blast. Neil and I even came in 2nd in the Corn Hull Tournament - totally fun for all. The kids LOVED playing in the street! Not the best lesson, I know, but they sure love it once a year!! The food was in our garage (huge mess) and the borrowed waterslide totally tore up our yard.... but we would do it all again tomorrow if we could! Here are a few photos from the weekend.... cannot wait to show you what I have going tomorrow for MAKE SOMETHING MONDAY!

No comments: