Sunday, August 10, 2008

A couple shots of stuff priced and ready for the garage sale...

I am 36 years old and I have never had a garage sale, and I sooooooooooo hope I never have to have one again. Just the getting ready for it could kill a girl! BUT, I do feel like I am getting close. Sorting baby clothes by size tomorrow, and then there is light at the end of the tunnel. I already cannot wait for it to be over. :)
Here are just a couple shots of just a bit of the stuff the girls and I priced today - Kalli is a total helper - pricing, labeling, sorting...  Kaya just wants to take anything she can get her hands on back into our house. She is very troubled by the entire garage sale concept.

Idea books and magazines.... 
The 25 cent scrap bin, raffia and fiber, ribbon rolls and some stamps....
Salvation Army is set to come a couple days after the sale to pick up anything left behind.
On another note...  in just over 96 hours I board a train for an 18 1/2 hour ride to Colorado with my 84 year old Busia, a 6 year old, and a 3 year old.  This is either going to be an incredible memory for all of us or an unimaginable nightmare. The jury is still out on what it will be!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think the trip will be an incredible memory for you with maybe a few scary moments thrown in for fun!!

I also hate garage sales...YUCK!! Too much work but yet I have one about every 3-4 years...next year is my year to have one!

Latharia said...

Man, your photos make me want to drive to Indiana!!! LOL. I do not recall, with fondness, any garage sale preparation I have ever done. But I hope yours is a raving success.

I also hope the trip goes well ... if you don't create good memories, you will still have good stories!